Monday, June 14, 2010

My story..


It has been long time i have never write blog, and now because of subject Theories of Architecture, im back to blogging line=).
Now, the task of writing this blog is to create awareness of interior architecture and theory through reading. Before this, as the first step, i would like to talk about myself before i proceed to the next step=).
Seriously, i have never talk about myself especially childhood time to anyone except my close friends. Actually, my childhood moments that lead to design or interior architecture is when i was 10years old.
That time when i was young, my dad was a contractor, he has playing a role in influencing me into life of design, as he always come back with tools and drawing plan, and i was curious what was he doing on that big paper, which is A1 size paper, he also starting to teach me drawing and tell me about what is building. Since that, im interested in drawing and playing all kinds of stacking toy. Besides, sometimes my dad will bring to me his site to have a look on his work and learn from it, it was just some basic learning actually=). The reason i take this field is because i just love design of interior space. Honestly, i really prefer flexible work more than memorizing things such as science field. Building is at everywhere, we need design to survive and make things comfort. I just love design especially residential design, because living space is so essential in everyone's life!

And i always tend to look around my surrounding and observe, just to get some ideas and learn from it.
After since i enter to UCSI Uni and taking Interior Architecture course, i have gone through alot of experiences, best and worst. Throughout this 2 years from Foundation to Degree Year 2, i have met alot of friends and most of them are from other state, we have gone through alot of tough assignments together and also spending time together in studying=). Besides, the best experience is we went to different place for site visiting together, share thoughts with each other, and even laughter. I feel glad to have them throughout the whole semester=). Of course, the lecturers, they have taught me alot of things and even giving me inspiration. But, the lecturer that i admire the most is Ms Diana, she had taught me alot of things in design studio, giving me good ideas for my assignments during last semester 2, Year 1, yet, i kept disappointing her, by not giving her a good one. But, i really appreciate what she has taught me, and the patience that she has in teaching me. Really thanks alot.

Yet, I also have the worst experiences in studying this course, which is not enough time to finish up my assignment! As what architecture students always face, one day 24hour is never enough, we always have sleepless night, rushing for assignment, and less outing. But, in the end, i will always make sure i can submit on time=), this is what i can say im good in it, i always make sure i complete all my work although it is not the best one. I really put effort and passion in completing it. Ever since i have enter to this field, i have learn to draw better and the things i like the most is making model=), as it can show out my thoughts of idea and design.

But, procrastination always have in my mind! this is the bad habit i can't resist, i just used to doing things in the last minute. Sigh, really have to get rid of this bad habit thou.

Lastly, I just want to say, Thanks to my parents, my fellow friends who keep supporting me in what i do although sometimes i tend to give up, still, i will continue my journey of design till i graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment